Monday, June 29, 2009

Escape of the Sheep, Aggie's Completed, and Some Information on Doll Making










Today, we had a funny occurence in our community in Dunfanaghy. Several sheep got out of the field and were wandering in our community. They went into people's yards and in the street, and boy was it funny! Joe took these pics which are a hoot. Hope you enjoy them!!!Don't worry, they were finally rounded up, but it wasn't easy. LOL





Yeah!!!! The fabric pens just arrived in the mail for Aggie's face, and I completed Aggie.The original pattern didn't have much of an expression, and I wanted her to have some personality. I think that she has a very sassy look to her. She definitely has an attitude!. Her lips are red, but the camera is portraying them darker. Anyways, I do love her! Someone emailed me that they would be nervous drawing the face, as she thought she would ruin the face of the doll. Well, I initially use an air water soluble pen which disappears in the air , and I get it at Barnyarns. It makes drawing the faces less stressful. If you mess up the face, it will disappear, but if you do it perfectly, you can then go over it with the permanent fabric pens.



Several people emailed me some questions about doll making.I get most of my doll supplies from two places: Dollmakers Journey and Jan Harrox Cloth Doll Supplies. I love Dollmakers Journey, as they have tons of patterns developed by famous doll makers like Patti Cullea and Jill Maas, and they have tons of supplies. There is also Joggles, which is very good. Some people have written me that they would like to get into doll making, so I will provide you with some neat links. There are also sites on line where you can take doll making courses. This site gives you a listing of the places where you can take coures online. Cloth Doll Classroom gives you a wealth of information on doll making and you can find that here.



Hope that answers some of your questions!

12 comments:

Cindy F. said...

Ha! the sheep heard the grass WAS greener on the other side!! Too funny!

Aggie is adorable! Love her expression and her fun outfit!

SewCalGal said...

Oh those Baaaaad sheep. Too cute!

Aggie is also very cute. Looks really difficult to me! You did a great job.

Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

here, that would be cows or horses in the road.

love the doll....

lesthook said...

The sheep wanted a little taste of freedom! The doll is a cutie!

Jocelyn said...

How very funny to see the sheep in the road. At least it looks like they stayed together :-) Very cute little doll. Your creativity continues to amaze me.

Tammy said...

I love Aggie's sassy look! Thank you for sharing the links for the cloth dolls :-) Poor little sheep and the sheperd(s)... (although I agree it's too funny)glad to hear they are back home safely! Good thing I wasn't there I would had one of those little guys stand next to my spinning wheel for a bit ;-)

Unknown said...

Congrats on winning splitting stitches giveaway. If you knew, you might not have known yet.

blushing rose said...

Chuckle .. those sheep didn't want to be penned up, eh?

Love little Aggie ...
TTFN ~Marydon

Nanette Merrill said...

The doll is delightful. We had some horses get out a while ago and roam where I live. It was dangerous for them since they were expensive horses, too. But they just wanted to run. Funny.

Anonymous said...

I hope you can find a way to use sheep in inappropriate places in a quilt. There's a wonderful artist whose work I saw at a fiber fair who paints sheep doing funny things. Puns and such. http://www.charisma-art.com/

They amused me immensely.

Nat Palaskas said...

I imagine spinning their fleece. They are so cute! The Aggie's dall is adorable Micki

scraphappy said...

Those sheep are a real hoot. I'm glad they were all gathered up in time. Love the expression on your doll face -- she definitely has personality!