Monday, June 15, 2009

Lots of Mail Today and Another Great Giveaway



First of all, let me tell you about a great giveaway that Miri is having on her blog, which you can see at http://milkandhoneyquilts.blogspot.com/ . I have just entered, and anyone who wins that prize would be a happy camper.

As for today, we took a little break from the painting, and we went to Letterkenny to buy more paint, and I had a dental appointment. We had coffee and yummy cake, and I bought myself the book 4th of July by James Patterson. I can't wait to read it! When we got home, I had tons of mail. I got three fat quarters from Carmela, Azra, and Laura. This again had to do with my Birthday FQ Swap from The Friendship Group. Thank you so much for such lovely fabric!!! The bad news was that I had my tooth capped, and a few hours after I came home, it broke off again. I couldn't believe it! Well, it is back to the dentist. Finally, I did get a siggy block from Angelika who is from Germany. Thanks for a lovely block! I now have 110 siggy blocks. I still need more than 50 to complete a quilt, so I will have to wait patiently.

Tomorrow, we are back to our painting. I have one more day to my birthday. I can't believe that I am 59 years soon. Oh God!

7 comments:

SewCalGal said...

I think you'll enjoy the book "4th of July", by James Patterson. I think he is an excellent writer.

Sorry about your tooth problems. I have an dental appt this afternoon, so now you've scared me a bit. I HATE the dentist!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Maggi said...

Poor you, having to go back to the dentist again. I am sure that the collection of goodies has gone some way towards making up for it. Maggi x

Nedra said...

I'll say Happy Birthday today because I will be on the road tomorrow.
Have a wonderful day and I hope you get to do something fun and quilty.

Nat Palaskas said...

Glad you have a rest from painting. Retails therapy are always good.

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh,, Micki,,
Have a wonderful, delicious birthday.. You are so young..Sorry bout that tooth thing, that sometimes happens with caps. Hope your day is filled with surprises..
Hugs,
Maggey

Rena said...

Hi Micki,
very belated Birthday wishes to you.:-)))
Your blog is beautiful, thanks for following my blog. This week I`ll send a siggy to you.
Your address I found by
Annelies :-)))

Have a nice day !

Much love
Rena

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

And to think I will be saying that in 3 years time Yipes!!! Hope you get the tooth sorted out, I had that done last year♥x