Saturday, June 13, 2009

Painting All Day and a Giveaway




Joe and I literally painted all day. We spent 8 hours painting, and finally finished the bathroom and hallway. We had to put two coats of paint on and mind you, it was not easy work. I stood on the ladder most of the day, but sometimes bent over and did the skirtboards, which is very precise, tiring work. We will continue tomorrow with the storage area, and that will be it till we get more paint. The bathroom is a lovely pale pink and the skirtboards are a darker pink, and yes, even the door is pink. With the shower curtain and window curtains having a lovely pink pattern, in addition to a pink rug , toilet seat cover, and towels, it is lovely. The hallway is a a beautiful light blue colour, and the skirtboards are a darker blue...We have painted the door to the storage area the darker blue, and the storage area will match the hallway. Well, tomorrow is another day of painting, but I hope that it won't take as long. The two pics of us painting are the ones that I love the most...We are very stylishly dressed, aren't we? May I also add that every bone in our bodies are hurting.LOL

I wanted to tell you about a July 4th giveaway that is being held by Joanne at the following link:
http://splittingstitches.blogspot.com/2009/06/july-4th-giveaway.html I think that you will enjoy entering it, as the prizes are so neat.


15 comments:

Maggey and Jim said...

Joe,
Love the apron.. hah!! Guess you are really havin' fun now.. It will be so nice when you are finished..
Hugs,
Maggey

andsewon said...

What cute painters!!;-)
Love the blue!!
Painting is hard work and can wear you out going up and down the ladder for sure. Will be worth it when all fresh and done though!!
I love to repaint a room ..can be all the change you need.

scraphappy said...

Painting can be such backbreaking work. It is so worth it though, to have everything so new and fresh! The apron and hat go particularly well together. So fashionable!

Unknown said...

Ya'll are super cute. Imagine me saying that in my NC southern accent. Ya'll

Nedra said...

You've been very hard workers. How did you get your DH to wear the apron? That goes way and above the call of duty!

Nat Palaskas said...

How cool both of you in painter's outfits. I am glad you got Joe on this blog Micki. I can have a closer look at him this way. I like the blue in the hall way

Searchfamilies said...

Hi Micki
I can see you like the colour so much that you are wearing it lol
Painting is a back aching job bet you be pleased when it all done
Hugs Janice

Kath said...

hey, your hair is brown now. I like it. Yes, you and Joe are my style-icons and I can be found wearing a very similar outift most days XX

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Wow Joe my favourite number caller I think you look very stylish in that apron and cap!!! Looks great Micki...you will be so happy when it's all done♥x

Cindy F. said...

I love how you color-coordinated your shirt and socks:) and Joe's apron....too cute!!
Great colors! Hey, when you're finished....we have several rooms we'd like painted....lol....We'll feed you;)

Laurie said...

Oh, you're accomplishing a lot! I envy you!

Jocelyn said...

Great job Micki!

a good yarn said...

You can do my place when you are finished! Nothing freshens up a place like a coat of paint. Ann :)

Miri said...

I can't believe all the fantastic things you've been making while I was "locked out" of visiting by all our computer woes. You have been very busy!

The tablecloth is just so cute and cheery...the lace is absolutely incredible...the Sunbonnet Sue mini is adorable (She is a favorite!) and now you're painting! Wow!

I've just posted my 100th post! Can't believe it! and I'm having a mini quilt/pillow give-away! :)

Simone de Klerk said...

You have been very busy with painting. How nice to have gotten so much done! Hope the pain is gone by now (O;