Janice from Crafts and Genealogy which is at http://craftlady-searchfamilies.blogspot.com/ sent me two lovely potholders for our Quilting For All Swap. They are so cute! They are both hanging in our kitchen and they look lovely indeed. Thanks so much for that!
Also, Cindi from Lonestar Stitcher and Ramblings located at http://lonestarstitcherandherramblings.blogspot.com/2009/06/giveaway-results.html had a giveaway and I won one of the stitcheries called "A Very Merry Summer." When it arrives, I know what I will be doing in the evenings...I will be sitting in my lounge chair stitching away happily. Thanks to Cindi for that wonderful prize, and I can 't wait to get it!
As to our weather, it is much cooler here in Dunfanaghy today...thank God! I do not like the really warm weather. Since Joe and I t
ake long walks, it is always so much more pleasant to do so in the cooler weather. As you can see, it is so green here now, and the ocean is a beautiful blue.
Besides ordering The Circle Amish Quilt ( which is at http://www.amazon.com/Amish-Circle-Quilt-Block-Patterns/dp/0873498917 in case you missed it) , I am getting from Jan Krentz's site a book called Diamond Quilts and Beyond. Jan teaches you techniques that creates a colorwash look that looks like an Impressionist painting. You can see it at
http://www.jankrentz.com/store.php . Since I love to create paintings too, I thought this would be so neat!
In addition, Kath from http://railwaycottage.blogspot.com/2009/06/new-look-for-spring.html inspired me to get a new blog look. Go look at hers too. You can download a new look for your blog for free athttp://itkupilli-cutencool.blogspot.com/. It is nice to vary the look every once in a while.
Finally, I found a wonderful giveaway that you may be interested in at http://yellowbirdart.blogspot.com/ Check it our and enter...you never know, you may win.
5 comments:
Hi Micki,
Thanks for entering my giveaway :)
Take a look here: http://www.blogdoctor.me/2007/04/how-to-construct-blog-links.html
They explain how to consruct blog links, so you can hide long links under a single word or phrase :)
Have a nice day!
It sounds like you are going to be busy with all those new books on the way. I've seen the lady that wrote the quilted diamonds book on Simply Quilts. The quilts she made were beautiful. I think it requires quite an extensive fabric stash though. Maybe it will be a good excuse to do a little shopping.
Micki, first of all, I like your new look. You are going to be busy with all the books and stitchery you are getting. Have fun - Natima
I love your potholders. I bet you were thrilled with them. The books sound great too! Glad your weather is better too. We had a week filled with over 90 degree temps but are now down some due to rain.
Cool potholders Micki...you can never have enough I reckon. Congratulations on the win!!! Dzintra♥x
Post a Comment