Friday, September 5, 2008

Artisan Asian Fabrics Finally Arrived


I finally got the Artisan Asian fabrics that I ordered from Hancock of Paducah. I have to admit that it took longer than it should have, but the fabrics are beautiful. They even sent me a catoalogue of fabrics, and when Joe saw it, he said, "Bin it!" I guess that he was afraid I would look at it and want to order more fabric.LOL Of course, I will! I will be using the fabric for the Kimono quilt or wall hanging that I will be doing...I haven't decided which. It depends how easy I find it working with the templates in the pattern. There are 9 blocks to make, if I want the quilt, so you can well imagine how big each kimono block is. It should be lovely! I will pick the fabrics that I want to use for the kimono costume, and plan for all of it tonight, as I sit with the fabrics, pattern, and yes, the catalogue, in my comfortable leather lounge chair.
I just love them all!...I received 15 fat quarters in the bundle....all for $29.95. You can have it auto shipped too, so I may do that...we shall see...It depends if I do the quilt or not. I was about ready to call them and ask them why it was taking so long, but now, I love them...Hey, I have a wonderful catalogue to peruse. LOL

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Those fabrics are utterly gorgeous. Worth the wait. A kimono quilt? I like the sounds of that. Enjoy your new fabric and get those creative juices flowing. cheers, QGB

jan said...

mmm mmm yum yum so gorgeous Micki.