Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Second Surprise From DH



My husband Joe surprised me not too long ago, as you know, with a brand new computer. Well, last week, my husband Joe sent the 7 needle Babylock Embellisher in for a service and cleaning...I didn't understand why, but he already had arranged it while I was at the bee. I just got the machine not long ago...what was up with that? Today I found out what was up with that...Joe told me that he arranged with Gur Sewing machines to have it traded in for the latest Babylock Embellisher EMB12, which means it has 12 needles. To top it all off, it was arriving today. I was in shock! It was delivered at around 11 AM, and as you can see, it is a beaut. Before you ask, no Joe does not have any brother that I could arrange for you to meet.LOL He is one of a kind.The machine has a lot of features that the other one did not have, and it came with a 5 year warranty. There is a ribbon and yard feeder and you can use as many needles as you want, as the needles can be removed very easily. My friend Mary, funny enough, is getting a new Janome Embellisher tomorrow in Young, and that will be a three hour drive from where she lives out in the bush. We are going to both take an online course with Linda Mathews that is a two week course on the embellisher, and she also offers some advanced courses. Luckily, my friend Jan is also going to her local market in England today where she is getting me a bunch of voiles in exchange for FQ's that I will be getting for her. I definitely needed some more lightweight shiny fabrics, as they punch out so nicely, and make the shiniest textured base that you can imagine. The Babylock Embellisher also came with a great project book, so I will be reading that this afternoon. Also, Joe is scanning two projects that are in that book for Mary in Australia, as I know she will love them.

I also got a Christmas star from Rhonda today who is in my SBS Friendhsip Yahoo Group, and the fabrics were so pretty. I can't wait to get all of the blocks so I can make the Christmas quilt.
I am so lucky to have a husband like Joe, and this is turning out to be another wonderful day.

5 comments:

Marie said...

Micki, Well, aren't you just the luckiest bunny!!!! Bless Joe for being so appreciative of you and your craft, you are right, he is one in a million. I am so happy for you, Micki and I know you will have many happy hours, developing projects on your new machine.
Marie

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Too bad Joe doesn't have any brothers but perhaps Joe could be cloned? LOL Just kidding, but enjoy your new toy!

Maggey and Jim said...

Hey Micki,
You are so lucky, he is one of those sweet ones. I have one of those too. Do you use a lot of wools?? I have seen them on the web but not had first hand at seein one work. Are they expensive? Have fun working on your new embellisher..
Maggey

jan said...

Hi Micky I best get those voiles off to you post haste. :-)

Tami @ Lemon Tree Tales said...

Wow Micki, that's a nice husband you have! Smart man to know the way to his wife's heart. Mine told me that I could get the embroidery module for my Aurora and well, you know the present that he's giving me in November. :-)