Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Dragonfly Came To Call












I received a double whammy as they say. The postman delivered a letter from my friend Jan, who was a member of the Postcard Pizazz Group. It was a postcard that she sent from a swap that we were in a long while back. Why was it a double whammy? I got a beautiful postcard and also some scraps of gorgeous delicate, see-through fabrics that were absolutely sparkling. I immediately thought of my Babylock Embellisher...but oh my, the fabric would also look good on any future postcard that I would create. I was really taken aback. The postcard was magical! The dragonfly looked alive. Jan just emailed me and explained that she free motioned the dragonfly, and she didn't use an embroidery machine. That is amazing! She did the whole dragonfly free hand and then beaded it herself. I loved the background fabric, and everything just sparkled. I appreciated how much work went into that postcard, and as you can see, it really gives you a sense of a wonderful fantasy.

2 comments:

jan said...

Hi Micki, glad they arrived, you said you wanted to try them in your embellisher machine, I will look out for how you fared with it. :-)

jan said...

Ahh, I see the confusion Micki, you are ALSO in a BUTTERFLY swap with Kath, I am NOT in that one.

Also, I can see the voile's I sent you and I didn't send you the one with the butterflies already on, I will remedy that me dear. Tomorrow I will hoick out my voiles box and sort some for you.