I began a bag with my new Babylock EMB12, and it is turning out really nice. I punched the front of the bag yesterday, and finished putting it together today. I only need to make the bias for the top of the bag, a snap closure for the bag, and the handles. I wanted to show you the bag in progress as it is always fun to see a bag in the stages of its development.
I used various batiks that I punched, and a glittzy, metallic yarn in addition to Angelina Fibers. The Babylock Embellisher with the 12 needles really did a great job with the punching, and it finished the front relatively fast.The base fabric is a medium 10 oz duck cloth. I then went to the Pfaff 2048 and did the free motion sewing and added some fancy stitches. The lining inside the bag is a Michael Miller violet fairy frost...very shiny and sparkly...and the back is a purple hand dyed batik fabric.
I should have the bag done tomorrow or the next day, and will post the final pic. It was great fun and for the first time ever, Joe has been really interested in the whole process. He finds the process so interesting, and he spent some time with me in the sewing room.
I should have the bag done tomorrow or the next day, and will post the final pic. It was great fun and for the first time ever, Joe has been really interested in the whole process. He finds the process so interesting, and he spent some time with me in the sewing room.
4 comments:
Micki, the bag is splendid and I know that the finished project will be beautiful. Good for Joe for taking an interest.
Hugs, Marie
Ooh Micki, that bag is Yummee!! Kathx
Maybe...just maybe Joe could have a go with the machine, it would be interesting to see what he would come up with. Come on Joe, Have a Go Joe, I am pleased for you Micki he showed such interest in this with you, I think it is good the chaps see first hand what it is we women do with the crafts we do. Love the bag, looking good.
Dear Micki, your bag is wunderful. The top has effect like a painting.
Renate
Post a Comment