I am making a wall hanging of Horn Head, which is a headland that overlooks Killahoey Beach...Joe and I actually walked the 12 mile loop around Horn Head, and boy were we tired at the end. I made the wall hanging with batik and cotton fabrics, angelina fibres, and yarn. This is my first landscaped scene with the Babylock EMB12, and I really enjoyed it so much! Joe was watching a political show yesterday at 11 PM and I started it then, and was up till 1 AM...I didn't realize that time had flown by so quickly. I then continued to work on it in the morning.
Tomorrow, I will finish the machine quilting...I will do some free motion sewing and use some fancy stitches to secure the scene. Then I will complete the wall hanging as it is traditionally done.
I have ordered some wool roving in various colours from the UK, as I want to try a landscape picture..first laying the roving on Vilene and felting it, rinsing out the Vilene, waiting for it to dry,so that I can cut out the pieces that I want from the felt created, and then felt them to the base and create a scene. I will be making a picture called "Horse on the Beach".
First, I will finish my Horn Head landscaped wall hanging, and will show you the final pic of it hanging on our wall.
2 comments:
Truly stunning work you do!
It's going to take me many visits to read all your archives. Your work is beautiful.
I have a fond spot in my heart for the beach and this scene is wonderful.
Best regards,
Darilyn
Post a Comment