Friday, September 12, 2008

Sparkling Angelina Fibres



My Angelina Fibres arrived from Barnyarns in the UK. http://www.barnyarns.co.uk/ and I thought that you might want to see what it looks like if you never saw it before...It reminds me of tinsel that you see around Christmas time. When you are punching the base with your embellisher, if you add Angelina Fibres and punch it in, it really makes it sparkle. You then cut off the excess fabric around the base using an acrylic ruler and rotary cutter, and then you place the base onto fusible interfacing( Pellon 911ff) and steam iron. It is just gorgeous! My husband Joe ordered this for me when he also got the embellisher and the book/dvd for me. Well, I am waiting for the duck cloth to arrive from Nancy's Notions, and then I will begin my pillow...Petals on the Nile...It even sounds romantic and exotic. Then you will get lots of pics of the whole process. More to come!

PS: I had to stop the order to Nancy's Notions...The shipment of the 4 yards of duck cloth would have cost us over 40 dollars, which is double the price of the item, so I cancelled it.I then quickly ordered from Cotton Patch in the UK...I can't recommend them for service...It takes 5 days just to process the order and then another 5-7 days to ship it, and they are right near us in the UK ,but I am out of duck cloth and I need it for the base for the lightweight fabrics. Well, I will have to wait. I was trying to avoid ordereing from them, but $40.95 for shipping is way to much.
I ordered 5 yards, so it is a waiting game now. Plus, they would have put 4 yards in a box, as duck cloth is heavier, and then I would have had customs on my back...don't need that.

4 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Looking forward to seeing the pics of this project. Sounds kewl. cheers

jan said...

Hi Micki, I love this Angelina fibre stuff, my friend Di introduced it to me, its fascinating how it changes when you press it. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. You are so lucky, you have a man in a million there you know.

Jeri said...

Well, well, well, you beat me to the latest Embellisher! I have all Babylock machines, you know. My Ellisimo is on order, and should be here in October. You will love the angelina fibers. I have a collection. I love all the pretty colors!

I can't wait to see what you create, you have such an eye for color. You are a real inspiration to me! Jerilynn

Rosalind said...

Have you tried :
www.whaleys-bradford.ltd.uk for your fabrics? Highly recommend :o)