I finished the bag today...I was determined to get it done. I had to finish the bias around the top, so I picked another purple hand dyed batik to coordinate and finish off the top. I also used the fabric for the handles and made a pocket inside the bag. I wanted to create the look of a watercolour picture, and a woman from Germany commented in my blog that it looked like a painting, so I was very happy with that compliment. When I cut the fabrics out, I cut the flower designs out in the shape of flowers before I punched them and of course thought carefully about the colour arrangement as I lay the pieces together to be punched. It is amazing the effects that you can create with an embellisher. Finally, I added two small sunflower embellishments as the pattern has a lot of floral designs, and that means I can also use it more casually.
I can't wait to show it off at the quilting bee this Wednesday. I got an email also today about the course that I will be taking with Linda Matthews on the embellisher, and after reading about the details of the course, I was very excited.
Well, I will use the bag on Christmas Eve when Joe has promised to take me out for a special dinner at Arnold Hotel...I will have to get a new dress of course to coordinate with it. LOL
3 comments:
Your bag is great Micki, so colourful, can't wait to see the dress you get to match :)
Your bag is beautiful. I'm glad you are enjoying your Embellisher. Jeri
Well Done Micki, it has turned out rather smart. :-)
Post a Comment