Monday, September 29, 2008

A "Just Because " Postcard


As a result of the "just because gift" that I received from my friend Maggey today, I decided to make a gift for her. I took some of my voiles that I received, a few of my batiks, and some Angelina Fibres...all in fall colours, as I wanted to give Maggey "a touch of fall". It was my "just because " gift to her. I used the Babylock EMB12 for the whole project. I used duck cloth as the base, and began punching the voiles for the background and chose rust orange and yellow. I then fussy cut some shapes of leaves and punched them in and then punched and created the border with batik fabric that I had. I used the Anglina Fibres to give it the sparkle and light at some spots, and made what I envisioned a fall fabric postcard should look like. I then ironed the fibres using an ironing sheet and iron. I finally did the machine fancy stitching...My Pfaff 2048 has tons of wonderful stitches, and what fun that was. I chose stitches that fit leaves, and the other shapes and that held the punching that I did to perfection. I finished the border of the card with satin stitching, and voila tomorrow it will be in the mail to Maggey.

3 comments:

Marie said...

That's a very pretty postcard, Micki, well done!
Marie

jan said...

WOW, love it, I may have to look into an embellisher

Kath said...

This postcard is absolutely lovely Micki, my favourite season of the year! Kathx