Monday, September 1, 2008

Catch-up Time



Now that I am done the baby quilt and the Sylvia Bridal Sampler, I can catch up on Carol Doak's BOMS. I am a member of the Carol Doak's Yahoo Group, and she has graciously given us a block to do each month. I fell behind especially when I was doing The Sylvia Bridal Sampler. Yes, a friend of mine today, named Karen, jokingly said that it was a good thing that I was done the sampler. Boy, was she right! I never had time to do anything else.Now, I have time to start the projects that I have been putting on the back burner. One of them is to catch up with Carol's BOMS. The last one that I did was in March...need I say more? I have included that photo of the block. I have to do April through September...This week, I will start the catch-up process, in conjunction with a teacup swap, which of course is all paper piecing, as are all of Carol's projects. The teacups had to all have a white background, so I used white Fairy Frost. I have two miniature teacups done, and need to make 7 more. I will send all 9 to the moderator of the swap, and then get 9 different teacups from other people who signed up. What a cute wall hanging that will make. The blocks are so tiny, and that makes them so pretty. I am including only the one pic of the teacup as all are the same. I love paper piecing, and I am so glad to have the time to do them now.
Well, catch-up will be fun, but I will be doing that with my usual machine embroidery and quilting .

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Are those miniature paper-pieced blocks? If they are I'm running for the hills (which is quite far from where I live) because I've done a fair amount of paper-piecing but never miniatures! QGB

Roseanne said...

hi there I have been looking at your blog .I am trying to get more blogger friends from different countries. So come have a look at my blog..

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Please check my blog Micki, you've been tagged! QGB