Friday, September 26, 2008

A Wonderful Surprise
















I received a wonderful surprise today from my friend Janet who lives in the UK. She read in a previous post that my husband Joe does not get any letters except for bills, so she sent him a postcard. As you can see it is a brilliant fireworks fabric postcard. It had wonderful fancy, colourful stitchwork on it, beads galore, and Janet said on the back of the card:

Dear Joe,
A firework for a "bright spark." Enjoy!
LOL, Janet

Well what a shock for Joe! He couldn't believe it. From the both of us, thanks so much! Joe is the fireworks in my life, so it was very appropriate indeed!!

Also, I got a wonderful siggy from Tommy in the Netherlands, who hand stitched the center block with a dainty, lovely rose, and the flowers in the fabric just made it so pretty. I love every siggy that I get, but flowers are always so special.


2 comments:

jan said...

Hi Micki, Joe is very welcome, I just wish your package with the voile's had arrived too. :-(

jan said...

Oh, PS to the picture, its sideways on can you see?