Tuesday, September 2, 2008

SBS Friendship Group Birthday Swap




The Friendship Group formed from the Sylvia Bridal Sampler Group, and we have all become friends. We are all involved in a lot of swaps. I joined the Friendship Swap, Birthday Swap, and Christmas Star Swap. That's all that I could handle, but there are some more swaps going on. I received 12 blocks from members of the group for my birthday, which was on June 17th. I couldn't believe that I hit 58 years, so the blocks took the edge off the shock that I was feeling. LOL I decided to make a wall hanging today out of the blocks. It really is a wonderful memory, as almost everyone wrote a message on the block and signed it. I will always remember how I felt each time another block arrived, and each one made me so happy.

Oh, I got Susan's block today from the SBS Friendship Group, and I have decided to make a table topper with her block as the center of the topper. As it came a bit late, I was not able to include it in the wall hanging. I will also design the label for the wall hanging tomorrow . I will use my new Font Engine program and try to be a bit more adventurous with the label...either add a design or a border...we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Micki, You have been so busy since i last visited you,
Wonderfull stitching you have done,

Take care

smileykylie said...

G'day Micki, Thank you so much for visiting our blog and leaving a lovely comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog over breakfast this morning! My inlaws are off to a friends wedding in Donegal in October, you really do live in a beautiful part of the world. I'll be back to check out your blog. Love :)Kylie