Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cottage Block Exchange

Nanette from Freda' s Hive http://fredashive.blogspot.com/ has come up with a wonderful oh so cute block for a swap.I have included a pic of a block that someone made, so you can see what it looks like. You can find the tutorial of the block at Nanette's site...It is a wonderful house that we are all making into Christmas blocks.
She and Terri ( http://purpleandpaisley.blogspot.com/) are the hostesses of the swap. There are 48 people in the swap total and 12 people in each group. We will all make 12 blocks and thus receive 12 lovely Christmas houses which will make a lovely quilt or whatever each one of us decides to make. I have already met a few of the swappers who have come to my blog. and it is nice to get to know everyone and see each other's blogs. The blocks will be a wonderful memory of our swapping experience. We will send all 12 blocks to Nanette, which makes it so much easier. I bought some Christmas fabric today and will plan my first house tomorrow. The planning of each house will be great fun! I got some novelty print that has Santa Claus and other Christmas characters on the fabric, so I am planning on putting them on the door to welcome the visitors to the house. What fun this is going to be! Thanks Nanette!

No comments: