I first received fat quarters that I won from a Bingo game that we played on The New Quilting Club Yahoo Group. The funny thing is that I didn't purchase the bingo card. Philla, who is one of the moderators, gave me the card as a surprise gift, and I landed up winning. As you can see, I won some wonderful fat quarters.
I also received four postcards. Three of the postcards came from friends in my SBS Friendship Group. One was from Susan O., who included a lovely line that Joe and I both loved:"If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden, " and the background fabric was a garden of flowers. The second card came from Niagra Falls, Canada, from Karen, who gave me maple leaves with a pretty machine embroidered flower.She said that the white satin fabric of the trillium petals were from remnants of her wedding dress from 35 years ago...amazing! She explained that the trillium is the provincial flower of Ontario and is used in many logos of organizations or government programs. The background were made from small maple leaves from a tree in her backyard, and then she painted them with craft paint and stamped them on the black mottled fabric. Of course, the maple leaf represented Canada and the green stitching represented her Irish connection of Listowel. Then there was a very lively and cheerful card from Cathy in Fla. who called it Summer Breeze, and it really gave both of us a breath of summer...Joe made a point of saying, "Boy that is colourful and cheerful."We have not had much of a summer here in Donegal County, so this brightened up our cool, fall weather day. Lastly, I got a very special postcard from Susan P. who is in my Postcard Pizzazz Group... She got it "just because"...and it was special because she said that she was thinking of me when she made the card, and then sent it to me just becuase she thought of me...How nice! She recycled her DH's t shirt and called it "Memory of City Life." Well, I owe her a postcard for sure..."just because" she is so sweet.
Lastly, I got five siggies today. One is from Kieny from Taiwan and the fabric is a wonderful Asian exotic fabric with a mouse in the center to represent the year of the rat/mouse. The second siggy was from Antje in Germany, and her center block had a beautiful bird. Pam from Virginia sent me a cat in the center and a very bright coloured background fabric, and Franca in Italy told me that because she loves animals, she sent me a block with the cutest cat in the center block with a starry background that made me feel like a star. Finally, Ruthie from Utah, in the USA sent me a beautiful black fabric with a center that says, "Piece Thru Quilting, " and everyone is holding hands. Lovely thought, isn't it?
It was definitely Christmas in September for me today, and I am a very lucky woman indeed.
4 comments:
I think the mailman is just jealous that all the mail isn't for him personally ..... LOL
Hello, I love the postcards, they are so sweet and creative. I have never made one but would love to. Thanks for sharing
Maggey
How lovely to have all that post on one day, it has happened on accasion to me, its great when it does isnt it?
Magy have a go, you will enjoy making them. Truly.
Micki I am teasing you on my Blog!!! :-)
Post a Comment