Yes, I got a lot of mail today. Joe walked in with a ton of mail, and the mailman is yet again being overworked by me...a wheelbarrow might be in order.
First of all, I received a mystery Christmas block from Mrs. Claus...I kid you not...The name and address was Mrs. Claus, The North Pole. I, however, saw that it was postmarked from
St. Petersburg, Fla, so maybe Mr. and Mrs. Claus are on vacation there.LOL I know a few people from that area, so don't have it pinned down to one person, but maybe it really was from Mrs. Claus. I must have been a very good girl this year indeed. As you can see by the pic, the sparkly one with the pinwheel in the center was from Mrs. Claus.
Second, I received a wonderful Friendship block from Pam who is in my SBS Friendship Group. It is signed in the middle from her. It is so lovely!
Third, I received the most gorgeous voiles from Janet who is in the UK. We were worried that it would not arrive, as it took 10 days to be delivered, but they finally came, and they were well worth the wait. Can you see how many wonderful colours and voiles I received? What fun I will have with the embellisher using them! I will now buy Janet some goodies at her favourite store in the UK, but I just wanted to say a "Big Thank You" for picking out such stunning voiles. Oh, there is a dvd in the pic of the voiles...that is a dvd that I ordered of the course that I will be taking from Linda Matthews on machine felting..I will also be going on line with the course, but I am so excited with that!
Third, my dear friend Maggey from Illinois sent me a gift" just because". Those kinds of gifts are always so nice, as there is no special occasion for the gift, but she sent it because she wanted to send me something...How sweet is that! It is a lovely handmade wallet, which can be used for a credit card and some bills. It is so nice, as you can see. Thank you so much Maggey!
What a day this has been! Joe and I finally took a walk in the PM, as I had so much sewing to do, but it was a lovely walk that looped the town, and we throughly enjoyed it, even though it was a bit rainy and cold. Fall has definitely hit Dunfanaghy.
2 comments:
Those blocks are really lovely and the points are excellent. Good job ladies..
Your mail is better than our mail. As we have just found out. But, heehee, they are gonna be sorry. hahahaha
Post a Comment