Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pillows and Swaps













I got two beautiful postcards today. One was from Jo Ann who is a member of the FiberartPostcard Group and who resides in AK. She sent me a very modern postcard for the "Anything Goes Swap"...I loved the colours and the flow of the patterns..The trims and designs gave the card a lot of movement. Thanks to Jo Ann!

Then, I got a wonderful postcard from Rhonda from Idaho, who is in my SBS Friendship Group.Well, I was taken aback...the scene really reminded me so much of Idaho, which I had visited many years ago.She said that she lives on the family farm, and boy did she capture that beautifully in the scene that she created. I loved it! The colours that she used were so visually pretty and I could imagine myself there and her love for the outdoors. Kudos to you Rhonda!



Then, I received the "Pillows" book written by Christopher Nejman, and his wonderful dvd from Nancy's Notions at http://www.nancysnotions.com/ Their service was wonderful. It only took three days to get here from the United States. I also want to commend their Customer Service Department. I was trying to find a medium weight duck cloth to purchase online, and it isn't easy to find. I saw that where I did find it, it was in 10oz or 12oz weight. I couldn't get anyone to tell me what weight was the medium duckcloth that I needed for the base that I was going to use for my lightweight fabric(voiles) and Angelina Fibres...Well, a product specialist from Nancy's answered my email promptly and told me that a medium weight duck cloth was 10oz. I ordered a few yards, and it should arrive in a few days.



Getting back to my wonderful purchase....In the dvd, called "Designer Techniques,"Christopher & Nancy talk about various techniques that are used in the book to make the pillows illustrated.


I will start off with the pillow called "The Petals on the Nile" because I was mesmerized by the technique that Christopher showed on the dvd. I will have Joe take pics of the process, so you can see it...It is amazing! I will be doing all this with my new Babylock EMB12 and what fun that will be!

Last but not least, I received a siggy block from Freda who lives in California. She is in my International Siggy Swap. She had a lovely center block of her home state, and various purple and orchid fabrics...lovely!

Another very busy day for my postman...I will have to think of something to get him for Christmas.LOL

1 comment:

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Really like your blog and your music. I'll be back for another visit. I've been thinking about taking up quilting. Just what I need another hobby. lol