Kath from Postcard Pizazz asked me to do a 1 to 1 swap with her using a butterfly theme. I made her an elegant fabric postcard, as she is quite the snazzy lady herself. I sent it to her on Saturday, so she should get it on Tuesday. I can't wait to get hers and see what she did with the butterfly theme. The butterfly that I made is machine embroidered. I used two layers of Vilene stabilizer in the hoop and then stitched on that. You then rinse off the Vilene and voila, you get a beautiful free standing lace design. I love it! The materials that I use are a beautiful butterfly fabric and pink fairy frost.
Funny enough, the postmistress is getting a kick out of stamping the stamp on my postcards, as she is fascinated at seeing each one that I make. She never saw postcards like these, and it is so nice to see her reaction.
1 comment:
I love the postcard! The butterfly is beautiful. Micki, as always, your work is stunning. I love to see your creations. Jeri
Post a Comment