I got inspired this morning to do an icicle doll. Kath, from my Pizzazz Postcard Group told me about the doll. I found a pattern online, and decided to make a Hawaiin Princess...very exotic looking. I drew a drawing of what I wanted to do first, and then I began to sew. The directions are as follows:
1. Use the template for the body and cut out two pieces leaving the seam allowance.
2.Sew both sides together inside out leaving an opening in the side.
3.Turn the fabric inside out out and then fill with batting...I used a soft batting.
4. Then slip stitch the opening once the body is filled.
5.Cut out face from a card stock, and then draw the face that you want first and use acryllic paints to make the face.
6. Decorate with embellishments.
I used Angelina fibers for the hair, and sewed it to the head area and to the body. I first used hair spray to make it more firm.
I wanted to make her Hawaiin looking, so I used flowers as my embellishments. The flash is showing the flowers as more whitish, but they are a soft pink, and I put it around her head as many Hawaiin princesses wore flowers encircling their faces. I also put buttons on it, a gold metallic ribbon around her neck like a necklace and a dark pink heart as a pendant for the necklace. I found wonderful gold braid which I hand sewed all around the body, and thus Leilani, which means Heavenly Flowers, was born.
I am excited how it turned out. I will be making more icicle dolls. They are such fun!
2 comments:
I have never ever heard of Icicle dolls. So unique. Just wanted you to know that I have completed my tag assignment and have linked your blog from my blog. Although, I only wrote down 5 blogs - I just don't know that many peeps. I don't even know 2 of those that I tagged, but I like their blogs so I tagged them. I hope that is okay.
Cathy
Hi Micki, or should I say ALOHA. She is really cute, well done, I have yet to have a go. I am def gona do one. Prob next week now, my time is going too fast at the moment. Gotta slow down.
Post a Comment