Sunday, August 24, 2008

Arrival Of Siggies




I have received a wonderful collection of siggy blocks from all over the world, as I am a member of the International Siggy Swap. Most of the time, I get a lovely letter with the block where the person introduces herself to me. I have stayed in contact with some of them, and that is always so nice. As you can see, everyone has their own individual stamp, and it is so interesting to see what kind of stamp that they picked to represent themselves or their countries. The fabric is fabulous, and when I look at all of them together, I realize what a beautiful quilt I will have one day when I have collected many more. It is wonderful to receive a siggy block in the mail, sometimes on a daily basis, and it is so nice to sit in my comfortable lounge chair and read each and every letter and just look at the blocks. I am so glad that I found this group, and making friends from all over the world in this way in such a fun way! I just received two blocks on Friday and took their pics today. One of them collects thimble fabric and scissors, and that is portrayed in the block.


One woman wrote me that her daughter saw this swap as chit chatting through the mail...It sometimes does feel like that...I just enjoy meeting everyone through their letters and blocks.

No comments: