
I live way up in the northwestern part of Donegal...we do have a quilt shop in town, but often the topics that I am interested in are not covered there. I surfed the web and found that there is Quilting Television on the Internet. I discovered QNNtv at http://www.qnntv.com/ and The Quilt Show at
http://www.thequiltshow.com/ Let me start with The Quilt Show, as it features one of my favourite all time quilters.Alex Anderson. I remember when I started qulting and knew nothing, and the first books that I purchased were written by Alex Anderson. She taught me how to quilt and also to hand quilt. I do adore that lady! In addition, the other host of the show is Ricky Tims. He is an incredible quilter, and is probably most known for his Rhapsody Quilts, but he is so funny and talented. As a member of The Quilt Show, I can watch shows taped from La Veta, Colorado not once, but twice a month, read daily blogs about quilting, attend Alex's Classroom which has been on hand quilting , and see how to make a Rhapsody Quilt in Ricky's Reality Blog. There are member blogs that you can visit, and lots to do. The best part is that you can watch the shows anytime you want and rewatch them at your leisure. Then there is QNNtv...There are over 1000 videos that you can access 24 hours a day...on any topic that you can imagine., and quilters like Eleanor Burns, Fons and Porter etc, give you wonderful lessons that you can watch on full screen. You just look up a topic, and you will find tons of videos. Meet the Talent displays in an alphabetical list the names of the quilters who will be presenting and the programmes they will be featured in. Also available are listings fro USA based Events, Guilds and Shop Locators.There are videos that take you to quilt shows all over the world, and that is always exciting.
I love them both! It is a godsend for me, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my memberships with both quilting shows. Which is better? That is a hard one to answer. The Quilt Show can be accessed at any time...the shows are recorded in front of a live audience, so you get to see lots of famous quilters demonstrate their techniques. You do feel like you are a part of the audience. New quilting products are introduced on the show, which is great, and it is basically a virtual quilting community. QNN, on the other hand, can also be accessed at any time to view the videos, but they are not recorded in front of a live audience. However, the videos are wonderful, and I have often played them in my sewing room, paused them, and actually made the project involved with constant instruction from the video.
So next time you are surfing the web, try and see if you like these shows...Just enjoy the whole experience!
http://www.thequiltshow.com/ Let me start with The Quilt Show, as it features one of my favourite all time quilters.Alex Anderson. I remember when I started qulting and knew nothing, and the first books that I purchased were written by Alex Anderson. She taught me how to quilt and also to hand quilt. I do adore that lady! In addition, the other host of the show is Ricky Tims. He is an incredible quilter, and is probably most known for his Rhapsody Quilts, but he is so funny and talented. As a member of The Quilt Show, I can watch shows taped from La Veta, Colorado not once, but twice a month, read daily blogs about quilting, attend Alex's Classroom which has been on hand quilting , and see how to make a Rhapsody Quilt in Ricky's Reality Blog. There are member blogs that you can visit, and lots to do. The best part is that you can watch the shows anytime you want and rewatch them at your leisure. Then there is QNNtv...There are over 1000 videos that you can access 24 hours a day...on any topic that you can imagine., and quilters like Eleanor Burns, Fons and Porter etc, give you wonderful lessons that you can watch on full screen. You just look up a topic, and you will find tons of videos. Meet the Talent displays in an alphabetical list the names of the quilters who will be presenting and the programmes they will be featured in. Also available are listings fro USA based Events, Guilds and Shop Locators.There are videos that take you to quilt shows all over the world, and that is always exciting.
I love them both! It is a godsend for me, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my memberships with both quilting shows. Which is better? That is a hard one to answer. The Quilt Show can be accessed at any time...the shows are recorded in front of a live audience, so you get to see lots of famous quilters demonstrate their techniques. You do feel like you are a part of the audience. New quilting products are introduced on the show, which is great, and it is basically a virtual quilting community. QNN, on the other hand, can also be accessed at any time to view the videos, but they are not recorded in front of a live audience. However, the videos are wonderful, and I have often played them in my sewing room, paused them, and actually made the project involved with constant instruction from the video.
So next time you are surfing the web, try and see if you like these shows...Just enjoy the whole experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment