I am going to include the books that people have recommended for quilting here. I am getting some wonderful ideas too, and I appreciate that so much.
Anna, a Wetern Canadian Quilter suggested the following books and here is what
she said about them:
1. Nickel Quilts and More Nickel Quilts by Pat Speth (they are wonderful desings for 5 inch pieces of fabric)
2. Colloborative Quilting by Freddy Moran and Gwen Marston( It's about freeing up your designs from tradional patterns and is filled with spectacular color right down to Freddy's great red glasses.)
3. Any of the books by Valori and Jean Wells- The books ar are filled with spectacular flora and fauna to make wonderful quilts.( Two of their titles are Stitch and Flip Quilts and Garden Inspired Quilts)
4. Ruth McDowell's Books- Piecing and Arts and Inspiration are great for inspiration and techniques.
5. Jinny Beyer's Tessellations is another interesting technique book-especially if you like hte mathematical challenges of quiltmaking.
6. Elm Creek Quilts by Jennifer Chiaverini- The series has a companion book of quilts to make. The newest title is The Winding Ways Quilt.
7. Paula Naelstern's Kaleidescope Quilts
8. Bethany Reynold's Stack and Whack Quilts
9. Evelyn Sloppy's Frayed Edge Fun
10. Judy Martin and Nancy Martin's Scrap Quilt books
Thanks so much Anna! What a great array of books. If anyone has more books to suggest, email me, and I will include them in this section.
No comments:
Post a Comment