I love needle turned hand applique, and I use fabric glue when I do it. I have enjoyed doing it over the years, and especially loved doing a fairy wall hanging from a Reva Stewart Roark pattern. If you go to Fabric Peddler, you can find many of her patterns. I find hand applique very relaxing, and even though it takes a long time, I do enjoy it. As I love fantasy designs of any kind, Reva's fairy patterns are ideal. I have also been working on several Sun Bonnet Sue blocks with my guild and have one more block to applique to complete the wall hanging that I am doing. Hand applique takes a lot of patience, but it is very enjoyable.
I hope to complete a Baltimore Blue project one day.
3 comments:
Oh my, that fairy wallhanging is so beautiful. And I like how you did the sleeve on that one. It really adds to the border.
Hi Micki,
I've just discovered your blog and have enjoyed reading your posts, particularly about how you met your husband, and your discovery of quilting. My father was an irishman from Ballymena, though I've never been there, yet!
Miki, you have so much on your blog to comment on that I hardly know where to write....soooo, I decided to leave a couple comments...hope that is okay! I am in the DebKarasikQuilts yahoo group and was blown away when you posted a pic of your beautiful "bridal" quilt. WOW! WOW! WOW!..I could go on! That is one AWESOME quilt. You are such an inspiration!
Hugz
Pam
Post a Comment