Monday, August 4, 2008

Carol Doak and Paper Piecing



I loved paper piecing from the moment that I watched Carol Doak's dvd called
" Carol Doak Teaches You to Paper Piece." She teaches you how to paper piece from her private home, and she makes you feel that you are very welcome in her house. The dvd is broken up into segments and teaches you how to choose fabric, cut the fabric and so many things that are involved with paper piecing, and makes it so simple. I was able to replay it and replay it till I got it, and now I really love it. I used a lot of paper piecing in the Sylvia Bridal Sampler quilt, and it made the whole process so much easier. You can go to http://www.caroldoak.com/ and see her wonderful site. She also has a Yahoo Group, which I am a member of. Recently, I have been a bit ill, and have not been able to do as much as I wanted, but I will get back into paper piecing, as I find it so relaxing and precise. Prior to that, I was involved with completing the Sylvia Bridal Sampler, but I will be getting back to paper piecing for sure.I started a pp project for the group where I incorporated a lighthouse, and I have to finish that. In addition, I will be getting back into Carol's BOMS, as I want to make a quilt out of the blocks. I have saved tons of free patterns that Carol has graciously offered to us, and that will keep me busy for years to come. I owe Carol Doaks a lot, as she taught me skills that will be with me for my lifetime. Without paper piecing, I could never have finished the Sylvia Bridal Sampler. I have posted Carol's blog under my "Friends' Blogs" as I feel like she is my friend. Watching her dvd so many times was like being in her home. I can say from the bottom of my heart, "Thank you Carol."

No comments: