Friday, August 29, 2008

A Lovely Siggy From The Netherlands and a Postcard from SBS Friendship Group



I received a lovely siggy from a woman who lives in the Netherlands named Cuny. I really loved the fabric, but the center block was the highlight of the block. She said in a letter to me that "In the middle of the block there is the picture of time. That is something we all need very much to do all the things we like, but we also need time for each other. " I really like that. Yes, we never have enough time...the day seems to fly by, and I never have completed all that I planned to do. I do agree with Cuny that we need to make time for the ones whom we love.


She also gave me a paper piecing pattern for the "Droomdekentijes"(or Dreaming Blanket) project. She asked me to complete the block and send it into a charity, where a team of ladies make quilts from the blocks for disabled and chronically ill children. The site is in Dutch, but it is interesting to look at. Go to http://www.droomdekentjes.nl/ . I have included a copy of the pattern. It is a really worthy cause, as most of the quilts go to children who are terminally ill.
Anyway, it was a lovely block and I really appreicated her wonderful letter to me.

I also got a lovely postcard from Rhonda P. who is in my Sylvia Bridal Sampler Friendship Group. We are swapping postcards and this one was incredible! As you can see, it is a mini crazy quilt pattern...and the "M" was just so beautiful! It got me wanting to do a crazy quilt again. I haven't done one in such a long time. The stitching that Rhonda did was wonderful!
Of course, my favorite author on the topic of crazy qulting is Judith Baker Montano...I learned so much from her book. http://www.judithbakermontano.com/ I think that I will make a crazy quilt bag...there are great patterns in her book called The Crazy Quilt Handbook.

I have to admit that it is fun getting wonderful surprises in my mail from the swaps that I am involved in and also from the International Siggy Swap. It is like Christmas every day.

No comments: