Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Tipperary Rose is Rose of Tralee




Joe and I watched the Rose of Tralee for two days running, and since I mentioned it before, I decided to tell you who won. I was cheering for the Rose of New York. She was very inspirational, as she was battling cancer of the thyroid. She also had the best personality, was absolutely beautiful, and sang like an angel...a song from my favorite show "Phantom of the Opera." I was going to cheer for the Rose of Philadelphia, but she had nada personality. At the end of the show, they announced the winner. It was the Rose of Tipperary...one of our own. Her name is Aoife Kelly, and she is an occupational therapist who has travelled to South Africa to do voluntary work with the children suffering from HIV. She is gorgeous mind you, but I was disappointed. Next year, the Rose of Tralee show celebrates its 50 Anniversary, so if you are interested in seeing the south of Ireland, like Cork and Kerry, then you could attend the big event.

1 comment:

Jeri said...

Tipperary is where I was a guest when I visited Ireland in 1990. That was the best vacation of my life. It was so beautiful. A bit on the cool side for me, but Mr. Lyons ran the heat for me and I bought a coat for the trip. Our first view was the "Forty Shades of Green" area where the poem was written. Just lovely, Jeri