Joe and I love to take walks around the hills of Donegal. We both love to visit the sheep and cows in the fields, but what we both really enjoy is stopping to pet and talk to the horses. This is definitely horse country in Dunfanaghy. They have a wonderful stable close to town, where you can hire a horse to ride on the beach, and there are many fields where you see horses . They are beautiful creatures! My dad loved horses too...He was in the army and had a horse named Tarzan. He took me riding in Philadelphia, and boy was my dad a good jumper. Well, getting back to Dunfanaghy....The horses here are beautiful! Our favorite walk by far is to Tramore Beach over the dunes. One day, we saw some horses free in the valley below where we were climbing the dunes,and of course we had to go visit them. I luckily had carrots in my pocket. You are probably wondering why I would be carrying carrots... Well, I always know that I will meet up with a horse....and sometimes even carry dog bones, if we are walking the route to Horn Head where we have made friends with two dogs there. Well, getting back to the horses,...I keep on sidetracking... we went down to pet the horses, and they were so friendly. I was surrounded by stunning horses, and it was a wonderful feeling. When you look into their eyes, you can see the goodness mirrored within. What a wonderful experience!
We also often visit a horse name Liath, who is beautiful white horse and her friend, which I named Cocoa, but I know that is not his name. They are located in a field right before Horn Head Bridge, where descend to get to the dunes.They whinny when they see us from afar, and know we are there to visit and give them carrots. If you ever come to visit Dunfanaghy, make sure that you hire a horse to ride or just visit one of them, and you will see exactly what I am writing about.
No comments:
Post a Comment