Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Favorite Fabric Shops

My all time favorite fabric shop is The Fat Quarter Shop. Kimberly Jolly, who is the owner, is incredibly efficient and helpful. I always get my orders quickly, and I love everything that I receive. She has a wonderful collection of Michael Miller Fairy Frost and batiks, and I adore both of them. She also has tons of other fabric collections like Moda, Northcott, and many others. Recently, she got some really great Bali Hoffman Fabrics, and I love the pack that contains the 40 7" x 7" squares in various colours...wonderful! She has many quilt kits to purchase, and well a multitude of great buys. I will be joining the Batik Club, as I am a real lover of batiks of all kinds. If you go to http://www.fatquartershop.com/ you can see her site. If you write Kimberly, you get a prompt answer, and that is so important. Best of all, I just got a 20 percent discount on my next order for being a valued customer, so you know who is going to order fabric this week.

I have also enjoyed Batik Corner at http://www.batikcorneratfabriccorner.com/ It has every conceivable batik that you would want and so reasonable. As you can gather, I love batiks!

I also like Hancocks of Paducah at http://www.hancocks-paducah.com/ as you have such variety of fabrics and great buys too. I am going to order some wonderful Asian and hand dyed batik fat quarter bundles from them ,and they are wonderfully priced at under 30 dollars.

Shopping and ordering from the U.S. has been very good for me since the exchange rate really works in my favour.

For my embroidery supplies, I order from England, as the stablizers and threads, etc can weigh a lot, so it is better for me to order from Europe. Well, I found Barnyarns, and love them. Go to
http://www.barnyarns.co.uk/ I joined their club, and their club price now is 7.95 sterling per year, and I get 10 percent off of all my orders. For my machine embroidery, my Janome 350E loves it when I use Madeira thread and Madeira stabilizers. I have really gotten great results from using Madeira across the board. I do use Weblon for my cottons and linens, and my machine embroidery turns out perfectly. I buy Weblon from The Personal Touch, which is a wonderful place for getting stabilizers and all sorts of machine embroidery supplies. I primarily order the weblon from them. Their website address is http://www.thepersonaltouch.us/

I would love to hear where you order your fabric and supplies from, as we all do love to shop!

3 comments:

Jeri said...

Mickilene,

My all time favorite place to order from is in Baltimore, MD,USA. It's called www.allstitch.net. They have really good prices and are quick to ship. Very nice people.

Later gator!
Jeri lynn

Jeri said...

Oh, I also love JoAnn's. But we don't have one. We have to go to Fort Walton Beach or to Pensacola. Pensacola has a Super JoAnn's that you can get lost in! Walmart is closing their fabric departments, so soon, Crestview won't have anything. Sad. But JoAnn's should get more business and Jolinda and I hope they will make it into a super store with lots of beautiful things.

Jeri lynn

Anonymous said...

I love the fat quarter shop also it is a great place to shop I also like www.stitchingpostquilts.com There are so many great places to shop online it is fabulous!
Cheers Erica