Monday, August 4, 2008

Fabric Postcards







I am really enjoying making fabric postcards. I have already participated in several 1 to 1 swaps with members from Postcard Pizzazz. Some of the postcards that I sent, I have included the pics. I use Timtex to give it firmness, and I also use the Steam-A-Seam 2, which is a double sided fusible...It makes the process so easy. I enjoy putting on the embellishments, using my machine embroidery when I can, and most of all getting the emails from the people whom I sent the fabric postcards to and all the compliments and thank yous. It is neat to think that people whom I swapped with will keep my fabric postcards in their collection forever, and that they are going all over the world. I am always in a learning process and finding different techniques to make the postcards better. A good source for postcard supplies is http://www.the2buds.com/ I just ordered plastic sleeves from them and will order a folder for my postcards. Here are a few postcards which I have posted off to people. The postcard with the flowers and dragonfly was for a dragonfly theme that was picked for a 1 t01 swap in the Postcard Pizzazz Yahoo Group. I fussy cut the flowers and satin stitched them and then hand appliqued the dragonfly. The fruit postcard was for a fruit theme and yes, a tomato is a fruit.LOL I machine embroidered the tomato and satin stitched it to the background fabric, which I thought was appropriate for the theme. The card with the fishes is probably my favorite one....the sassy fish that I used are machine embroidered and satin stitched to a background of Michael Miller Fairy Frost batik fabric, which I machine quilted to make it look like the sea is moving. I added stars in the sky as embellishments, and the sky fabric is also fairy frost. I embellished the back of the cards too, which is so much fun! It is all just a blast!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Miki,
I enjoyed reading your blog....just love your beautiful "Lighthouse" quilt...it would seem that all your life has quided you to your "heaven on earth"! You have to know that I am writing to you from Philadelphia, PA; I moved here from a small town in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Staunton, VA. At the time (30 yrs ago), the move here was what I needed...Ireland sounds like a very beautiful place to live! I pray that you have positive news from your doctor!
Hugz
Pam

Jeri said...

I really like the cards! So cute! I'll have to try one some day. Jeri