A friend of mine read the story about Joe and I landing up in the newspaper and she said as she looked at the newspaper photo of us, "You two truly look like a match made in heaven." No truer words were written. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have found my Joe. I remember the first time we talked on the phone and he played the song "For the First Time " on the phone, and I heard Rod Stewart singing the most beautiful song ...It became our song. It is in my playlist, as I truly love it. That newspaper story concentrated on our walking, but in essence, we are together most of the time, except when I go to the quilting bee...We are inseperable, so that photo to me represents that we are never apart. Joe is always there for me, and I am for him. I enjoy every minute that I am with him.We have been married now 12 years, and my only regret is that we didn't meet many years earlier. I will stay with him forever and a day, and we will grow old together here in Donegal County...I wouldn't trade my life with anyone...How many people can say that?
It reminds me of the first time that we met...when our hands first touched...so many " first times" that mean the world to me. Joe is my soulmate and I truly love him!
It reminds me of the first time that we met...when our hands first touched...so many " first times" that mean the world to me. Joe is my soulmate and I truly love him!
3 comments:
Hello Micki
Glad you found a picture of the beach, is it more sand than pebbles, Sand dunes at the back look very steep.
Such a lovely way to meet each other,Bless you both.
Glad i found your blog, Thankyou so much,
What a beautifully written post. You are so lucky to have found your everlasting love!
Hi, that's such a great story! I just found your blog via Sharon at Will Work For Fabric.
Oddly enough my husband and I are vacationing in Co. Donegal for the month of November. I sent an email to that quilting shop about whether they had any weekly get-togethers. And then today I found your blog ... what a small world. :-)
Post a Comment